A healthy brain not only improves your memory and concentration, it reduces the risk of Alzheimer and other diseases. Here are 7 easy ways to increase your cognitive skills.
1. Breakfast is vital If you think breakfast is not a big deal, think twice. Statistics have shown how breakfast is good for your body and mind, and can helps you concentrate on your work even better. With the need for various kinds of nutrition and glucose to perform tasks, your brain cannot function well and may risk having Alzheimer if you keep skipping breakfast consecutively.
2. Refresh your brain with many sips of water Due to the fact that 85 % of our brain is water, it is necessary to drink 8-10 glasses of water per day to boost up your brainpower. To make this possible for urban lifestyle, prepare a jug of clean drinking water on your desk during the work hours. Often sip as much as possible.
3. Try 10-minute meditation It takes only 10 minutes to brighten up your day. Whenever you have time, sit down, rest your shoulders, and uncross your ankles. Place your feet flat on the ground, your hands loose in your lap. Close your eyes ? try not to think about anything else for a while. Concentrate on your breathe-ins ? breatheouts. This unbelievably unwinds your stress and makes your brain perform at its best.
4. Exercise your brain To have great memories, eat well and eat right is not enough. What you need to keep your brain alive and function fast is ?brain exercising?. Good examples include memorizing important phone numbers instead of looking them up in your phone memories, or doing some instant calculating in your head instead of using calculator.
5. Organize your life Taking notes nice and clean can visibly enhance attention span, focus, and memory. Random lists of things can be difficult to remember. To make it easier, try categorizing the individual or top-priority things from the list. You?ll receive a lot of benefit, especially getting a healthy brain and organized life in return.
6. Create vivid mind mapping images People tend to remember information more easily if they can visualize it. A mind map is a diagram or a graphical method of taking notes, generally takes a hierarchical or tree branch format, with ideas branching into their subsections. The visual, which always comes with colors, symbols, or lines, helps stimulate both left and right sides of your brain and also boost up your creativity skills.
7. Read more Reading helps you with imagination and brain development at the same time. The layers of information you receive will definitely be decoded and interpreted. But if you are too busy, practice reading through words around you -- whether it is on billboards or newspaper -- would actually be a best brain booster. Use these techniques once in a while and try to slow yourself down a bit. You will find out your memory is not as bad as you think.